Friday, January 21, 2011
Blog 2
In class we mentioned a little bit about the colors mentioned in both creation stories. They are repeated many times in both stories. In the Dine bahane the colors are black, white, blue and yellow, in the Popol Vuh the colors are black, white, red, and yellow. They are only off by one color which I find interesting. Also, red is mentioned in the Dine bahane repeatedly as well, but that was dismissed as a mistake. Looking at these colors I realized they were the primary colors, then black and white. You can get to any other color and even any other shade of all the colors. You can create with these colors and make new ones. It's almost as if it's the creation of the possibility of creativity. Except for the problem with that is that in each creation story, one of the primary colors is missing as a main and recurring color.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i also noticed the repetitive mention of the colors. I did not really make the connections you did however but they are very interesting and I find that what you said about creating with these colors makes sense and if we analyze this we can even say that the colors themselves were used in the stories to create new things to those who heard the stories.
ReplyDelete